An antivirus program is a software that must be installed on a laptop or PC. This one software will help you to maintain the security of computer data and programs.
Of the many antivirus programs on the market today, Avst is one of the best with an extraordinary number of users.
This antivirus is known to be effective in eradicating various kinds of dangerous programs, as well as being adept at protecting the data on your computer.
Even so, sometimes Avast is very difficult to remove from the laptop or laptop you are using. Therefore, this time I will discuss how to uninstall Avast on your laptop.
How to Uninstall Avast antivirus on Windows
Avast is known as an antivirus with good performance, but for various reasons users want to remove this program temporarily or even permanently from their computers.
By its nature as an antivirus program that has in-depth access to computer programs, in many cases Avast can protects itself from being deleted by the user.
Many users find it difficult to uninstall Avast on their computer devices, and this feels very annoying and can even be annoying.
Therefore, I will discuss how to uninstall Avast on a laptop that experiences cases like this. Here is more information.
How to Uninstall Avast on Windows 7 and 10
For you users of Windows 10 and other versions who fail to uninstall Avast via the Control Panel, you need another way to do this process.
This special process was also designed by the Avast developers themselves, they realized that problems like this sometimes occur in the programs they develop.
This method of uninstalling Avast can be an excellent alternative for those of you who have difficulty doing this process in the normal way, and this method can also be used for all versions of Windows users.
Without further ado, here are some steps you can take to properly and effectively remove Avast from your laptop or PC.
- Step 1 – Download the application Avast Clear, to be able to remove Avast from your computer which is difficult to remove in the normal way on the https://www.avast.com/en-id/uninstall-utility page.
The download page that I share sometimes cannot be accessed by certain internet providers, and if this happens you can use a VPN to access it.
- Step 2 – Click the link on the page, and wait a few moments for the download to complete.
- Step 3 – Open the program that you downloaded earlier. An option will appear to restart the computer and enter Safe Mode and click the option Yes.
Safe Mode is a computer mode in which only essential programs are run, and the installation process will be carried out using this mode.
- Step 4 – A warning will appear again before the process is restart carried out, and select Yes. Make sure to close any programs you use and save your work first.
- Step 5 – Wait a few moments for your computer to restart and enter Safe Mode automatically. This can vary depending on the computer.
- Step 6 – After entering Safe Mode, a new dialog will appear to delete the previously installed Avast files. Adjust the options directory, then press Uninstall.
In this dialog option, there are 2 options directory that will appear, namely where to install the Avast program and also where to store this program data.
In addition, there is also a choice of the Avast version which will be removed. Choose according to the version of Avast you are using.
If you don’t remember exactly the three options above, you don’t need to change anything and just let it hit the button uninstall.
Wait a few moments until this process is complete, then restart the computer or laptop you are using. How to uninstall Avast on Windows 10 and other versions is complete.
That’s how to uninstall Avast on the computer you are using in Windows.
This method is effective for those of you who have had trouble replacing this antivirus program with another antivirus program.
Hopefully the information I share this time is useful for all of you.